Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Angel's Landing at Zions

During spring break Tammy and I went to Zions and did a few hikes. These are some pictures and a video from Angel's Landing. We did the whole hike except for the last 1/2 mile. Tammy was a real trooper and braved the steep inclines even though she is afraid of heights. The last 3/4 mile is done with chains. I did about a 1/4 of a mile or so until I thought it was unsafe to continue. Last year an ISU faculty fell from this hike and was killed. I suppose that was in the back of my mind as I was climbing. Additionally, there were a lot of people doing the hike and some of the danger was coming "face to face" with another hiker and debating on who would let go of the chain to let the other person by. Regardless, it was fun doing the part of the hike that we did. Round trip was over 12 miles or so.




1 comment:

Jessica Dunlap said...

So glad you lived to tell the tale, Uncle Dan! Those pictures looked beautiful ... but terrifying!