Thursday, October 22, 2009

Palisades with Cory and Angela

Angela is always ahead of me in posting, but here are a few of my pictures of the lower Palisades hike a few weekends ago. Here you see 2 beautiful ladies hikes through the lush forest with their poles in hand. It started out as a snowy day. It was brisk and the trail was muddy but we forged forward and enjoyed the beautiful scenery.

Upon reaching the lake we stopped and ate lunch. It was cold at this elevation so we didn't last long as we did an "about face" and headed back down the mountain.

The colors of the leaves were pretty as we stopped and posed for a few "someday famous" photographs.

Check out these 2 hunks lurking in the trees.


These pictures of Cory and Angela show the snow on the bridge. I really liked going over the bridges and hearing and watching the water rush down the creek.

Check out these poses. Aren't they cute.

It was a very fun day for us and we ended up at"5 GUYS" where I spilled my drink, dropped my fries, and got the employees mad at having to clean up after me.


Of course the square ice cream cones at Swan Valley were a favorite too, but unfortunately no pictures. Sorry fans.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Dad used to take us scouts on this trail. We would backpack to the upper lake and set up camp. There was an old box spring and raft that we would have fun with. There was also a rope hanging from a tree over the lake. Boy that water was cold! I also remember dad packing Boyd Bateman out. Boyd could never quite make this trip.

One time I took a trail 90 up to the upper lake. They didn't have bridges back then and I tried to drive the bike across the creek. The bike never started after that.

Dan said...

Mike,
Thanks for the comment. It is nice to know that someone looks at these pictures once in a while. I'm bad at writing letters, but hope someone occasionally peeks at my far and few random postings.

This is a much better forum than facebook for keeping an online accounting of personal info.

Regardless of that, I do the same with your site and cruise it too. It looks like things are going well for your family.

I hope Jenny and Jared are able to sell their house. It's been stressful for them, I'm sure.

Palisades was a great hike. I'm positive we'll do it again next summer with table rock coming shortly before or after. We may even spend the night. Come and do it with us.


Talk to you later.